Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Another End of The World Dream

Years ago, probably in the late 80s, I had a dream about the end of the world. I've had many of these dreams, so when people talk about December 21, 2012, I tend to think the possibility exists that the world AS WE KNOW IT (not necessarily Earth itself) may come to an end.

In this dream, I have sought sanctuary in a church. I am with one of my sisters. None of my other family members, including my children and grandchildren, have survived, at least as far as I know. We are all we have left of our family.

We are huddled inside a church with a group of people, none of whom I know. We are sitting in utter darkness. I don't know how long we have been there, but I remember having my arm around my sister (she was blind in this dream – in reality my sister has terrible eyesight, but she is not blind) and I remember suddenly noticing a sliver of light appear on the horizon.

It felt as if some horrible catastrophe had occurred that caused us all to be in this church, but whatever caused the traumatic event had somehow ended. Though nobody spoke, I don't think any of us knew how many others were left on Earth. Together we walked out of the church and saw what could only be described as a cap, which had been previously been placed around the world, suddenly being lifted.

With my arms around my sister, I guided her toward the sliver of light.

___________________________________

This dream could actually be about the end of the world – I could say this dream was a premonition, especially considering that I, the dreamer, have had other dreams in which I am around at the end of the world.

Or, it could mean that I am predicting the end of MY world, as I know it.

Then again, it could mean that I am going to somehow protect my sister for some reason or perhaps guide her in some way. This dream occurred more than 20 years ago and remains as fresh in my mind now as it did when I had it.

Another interesting facet of this dream is that while I had my arm around my sister, who was blind in this dream, the fact that we were in complete darkness means that I was blind as well, at least until I saw the light.

___________________________________

I invite you to share "your weird dreams" by sending them to me at weirddreams@mail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment