Sunday, January 2, 2011

Nightmare of a Ten-Year-Old

This nightmare was related to me by my ten-year-old granddaughter, Taylor.

She dreamed that a teenage girl, probably around the age of 13, had crawled around the walls outside her room and along the floors and the walls inside her bedroom. The girl in the nightmare had a face that was shrouded in darkness. Taylor was very frightened by her.

As Taylor recounted the dream to me, I couldn't help but think about the freaky girl with her creepy way of crawling out of the television in the movie, "The Ring."

But I also couldn't help thinking about the television program, Psychic Kids: Children of the Paranormal. Those kids are visited by spirits who frighten them too.

According to Taylor, the girl had scratches all over her face, and she kept telling Taylor, "I'm going to kill you."

As Taylor relates, "She seemed so real, like she was really there. Every time I closed my eyes, she would get closer and closer to me, and she would count down, '3, 2, 1,' but every time, just before she got to one, I would open my eyes again. Then it would start all over."

Taylor went on to tell me, "This happened over and over until my mom came in to sleep with me until I could fall asleep."

Taylor had never before seen the girl in her nightmare.

###

Adults have a hard time with nightmares. How much more do children? While my granddaughter was having this nightmare sometime after midnight in her bedroom last night, I was lying on the couch in the living room. My grandson, Kaden, came down to tell me that Taylor was upstairs in bed crying. By the time I reached the top of the stairs, her mom and dad, after hearing the commotion, came out of their bedroom to comfort Taylor.

In pre-teens, any number of contributing factors could have caused Taylor to have this nightmare. She loves to read scary books and she loves watching scary movies. Even though 10-year-olds like to think they're very grown up, they aren't, and the one thing Taylor wanted and needed at that moment, was her mom. 

My sisters and I weren't allowed into our parents' bed when we were young. If we had a nightmare, we had to deal with it. I would have loved to have known that I could have sought safety and comfort in my parents' bed whenever I had a nightmare. I'm glad Taylor was able finally to get a good night's rest and I hope the girl with the scratched face never visits her again.

Want to read more by me? Check out these blogs and article sites:

Your Weird Dreams 

Your Blog Connection


Help For Single Parents 

My Heart Blogs To You 

Writer of Blogs 


Paranormal Minds 

My Wordpress Blog 

My Associated Content Articles

My Xomba Articles

No comments:

Post a Comment