Wednesday, March 6, 2013

My Newest Boyfriend


In this short dream, I had a boyfriend who looked amazingly similar to my daughter's fiance. All I kept thinking about was how lucky I was to have him in my life. It didn't disturb me at all that he was decades younger than I was – I just felt so lucky.

Yes that was a very short dream, and I can tell you immediately why I had it, because I knew upon awakening what the dream meant. 

The night before, my grandson, Zac, who is 5, crawled into bed with me (as he always does whenever he visits – unless his Daddy is here). He asked me (as he always does) to scratch his back (it helps him fall asleep).



I thought about how my daughter's fiance scratches her back every night to help her fall asleep, and I've always considered that small act to be a really sweet thing to do.

You see, when I was a little girl, my Auntie Alice scratched my back every time she saw me. She was the only person who ever did that for me, and she died when I was 10. 

And so on the night I scratched Zac's back, I remembered my Auntie Alice and thought about my ex-husband who always had me scratch his back but never scratched mine – I've never had that kind of affection from anyone other than my children when they were young. 



I must have fallen asleep wishing I had the kind of man in my life who would selflessly give of himself just because he is a good, loving, kind, and generous man. At least in my dream world, I have that kind of man in my life.

And just so you know, in case some of you are wondering, the dream was just as I explained it – nothing more.

Want to read more from this author? Please see the sidebar and THANK YOU for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment